IGN – After years of being unable to talk, Bumblebee will finally speak in his upcoming spinoff — and IGN can exclusively reveal that Dylan O’Brien (Maze Runner, Teen Wolf) is the actor giving voice to the titular Autobot in the Transformers prequel!

IGN chatted with Transformers franchise producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura last week about casting O’Brien as Bumblebee and why it was necessary for the film to finally give the Transformer his own voice.

Since we were approaching this as an origin story, we felt that it was appropriate that you got to hear his voice,” di Bonaventura said of the character who thus far has only been able to communicate using existing media. “That’s the simple logic that we employed. The longer term implication of that is different. But the short-term implication of that is, since we really are resetting the mythology, essentially, of who Bumblebee is. And so, that seemed to us to be the appropriate, to get the chance to hear what he sounds like.”

The ’80s-set film, which sees Travis Knight take over the directorial reins from Michael Bay, follows Bumblebee as a young soldier in the Autobots’ war against the Decepticons on Cybertron who goes on an all-important mission to Earth.

While on Earth, Bumblebee befriends a teenage girl named Charlie (played by Hailee Steinfeld) who unwittingly buys him as her first car. Together, they face off against the sinister Decepticons Shatter (voiced by Angela Bassett) and Dropkick (voiced by Justin Theroux) in an adventure that will shape both of their young lives. This movie will be the first time Bumblebee’s voice is depicted in the live action films.

Dylan has that great quality in his voice of youthful exuberance, and also sort of trustworthiness,” the producer explained. “I think those are the two qualities that we wanted Bumblebee to have.”

Di Bonaventura added that so far the responses he’s received about O’Brien’s voice casting has been positive. “Thankfully, we’ve showed it to a few audiences, and people seem to think that it’d be right and an appropriate voice,” he said. “You never know, obviously that can be a sensitive thing for people. But it turns out, they imagine his voice that way.”

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER – Maze Runner star Dylan O’Brien is in final negotiations to topline Monster Problems, a post-apocalyptic love story from Paramount Players.

Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps is producing the feature project, which rising South African director Michael Matthews recently boarded. Matthews is the filmmaker behind the neo-Western Five Fingers for Marseilles.

The project is described as being a Zombieland road pic crossed with the stylings of a John Hughes teen movie, telling the story of a guy who has to survive a monsterpocalypse in order to be with the girl of his dreams.

O’Brien starred in the trio of Maze Runner films, Fox’s adaptation of the post-apocalyptic YA novels. The actor also starred on MTV’s Teen Wolf series and last year starred in the gritty American Assassin thriller. He is repped by WME, Principal Entertainment and Lichter Grossman.

Matthews is repped by WME.

Today is the amazing Dylan O’Brien’s 27th birthday! On behalf of Dylan O’Brien Daily and all Dylan fans around the world, we wanted to wish you a wonderful happy birthday! We are all wishing you another year of happiness, success, joy, health, love, and more. Make sure you send all your birthday wishes to @dylanobrien!

In celebration of Dylan’s birthday, I have added exclusive outtakes from a photoshoot Dylan back in 2014 for Teen Vogue. This has always been one of my favorite shotos! Check the photos out in the gallery!

Yesterday (August 8), Dylan attended a special screening of Screen Gems’ film Slender Man at iPic Westwood Theater in Los Angeles. I have updated the gallery with four photos from the event. Enjoy!

On Wednesday (July 11), Dylan went to a special screening of A24’s film Eighth Grade in Los Angeles. It was great to see Dylan out and bringing back his old buzzcut!

We dive into the world of a Hollywood actor with a REAL LIFE Hollywood actor… who is currently out of work…

VARIETY – Dylan O’Brien, whose credits include “The Maze Runner,” “American Assassin” and “Deepwater Horizon,” and Maika Monroe, who appeared in “It Follows,” “I’m Not Here,” “The Guest” and “The Bling Ring,” will star in Christopher MacBride’s “The Education of Fredrick Fitzell.”

Protagonist Pictures will handle international sales and launch the film to buyers in Cannes, with ICM Partners and Endeavor Content handling North America.

The film is written by and will be directed by MacBride, whose last film was the critically acclaimed found-footage thriller “The Conspiracy.” Lee Kim (“Operation Avalanche,” “I’ll Follow You Down,” “The Conspiracy,” “Small Town Murder Songs”) will produce for Resolute Films. Russell Ackerman and John Schoenfelder of Addictive Pictures are executive producing.

“Fred (O’Brien) is not a detective, a secret agent or a philosopher,” according to a statement. “He’s a normal guy approaching 30 and going through an existential crisis as he finds himself on the precipice of full-blown adulthood.”

It adds: “After a chance encounter with a man forgotten from his youth, Fred literally and metaphorically journeys into his past. He slowly begins to unravel a long hidden mystery about a missing girl, a drug called Mercury, and a terrifying creature that has now followed him into adulthood… As past, present and future begin to intersect and parallel each other, Fred explores all the possible lives he could lead. Which one will he choose?”

“The script is unlike anything I’ve read,” says Kim, who re-unites with MacBride, having worked together on “The Conspiracy.” “Chris has crafted a unique, brilliant story – one that transcends genre and provides a surreal snapshot of a man on the brink of collapse.”

O’Brien was last seen in the final instalment of the “Maze Runner” trilogy – which to date has grossed just shy of a billion dollars worldwide, and Monroe was most recently seen alongside Timothée Chalamet in “Hot Summer Nights,” which premiered at SXSW.

“The Education of Fredrick Fitzell” will start shooting in summer 2018.

New Layout + 5 Years Online!

February 23, 2018Emily1 Comment

Hi Dylan fans! Today marks the fifth year Dylan O’Brien Daily has been online! This site was my real first fansite and I’m so glad to still have it online to support the best person, Dylan O’Brien. :) Thank you all for the visits and follows over the years.

To celebrate, I have put up a new matching layout and gallery layout thanks to my friend Jasper over at Ten Thousand Beats! We decided to go with a lighter theme since the last one being darker. Hope you all like them as much as I do! And here’s to another year of supporting Dylan!